IGNORED

Is there a shorter person with mustang or ultimate

wrongway2

after much searching and reading It would appear that I'm shorter than most (5'7" with a 28" inseam).

Is there anyone close to my size who has either the Ultimate or Mustang seat and if so, what are your views.

I'm also interested to hear what your passengers think of these seats.

thanks

Greg:97:

I don't have either of those seats, so I can't help you there. I did have the Butler modification done to my stock seat and it helped alot. I also have the Baron's lowering kit on the back, I recently lowered the front of our bike about 1 inch and it has hepled the handling at slow speeds.

Hope this helps.

I have a mustang seat on a 2006 rstd and my passenger likes it much better than stock

I also prefer it to stock can spend longer time in saddle in comfort It does seem to move you ahead a bit on the bike not that this is a bad thing I actually like the riding position

I have a mustang seat on a 2006 rstd and my passenger likes it much better than stock

I also prefer it to stock can spend longer time in saddle in comfort It does seem to move you ahead a bit on the bike not that this is a bad thing I actually like the riding position

I was just wondering about height for you. Is the Mustang similar to the stock seat with regards to your reaching pavement when stopped??

thanks

Greg

We have an 07 RSTD. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. I've had the Mustang and now have the Ultimate. Not much difference in height but the Ultimate is way way more comfortable. I put a year into a Mustang and kept getting hip pain. We just got back from a 2-week 4,200 mile trip on the Ultimate and there's just no comparison in comfort.

Thanks folks for the informative replies. Ultimate is about 90 minutes from me so I'm leaning toward ordering a seat from them. I've heard good things about their seats and with their money back deal for 14 days it takes the guesswork out of it.

thanks again

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank Dkip (Dale) from this forum for letting me drive to his house and at least sit on his Mustang seat so I would have an idea about seat height.

We had already ordered and ridden about 600 miles on the Ultimate but it didn't work for either myself or my wife.

We now have the 2 piece mustang on and are very happy with it.

Thanks again to everyone for your input and to Dale for the "TEST SIT". :cool10:

Greg

Before you do anything give Rick Butler a call! He works on our seat and does wonders. You can find him in our classifieds!!

Too late for the Rick Butler mod but thanks anyway.

The Mustang is on and both mama and I are very please with it. :dancefool: