IGNORED

Anyone have their CDL ?

Bigjohn1028

Thanks very much for the encouragement fellas....I will take what all have said in consideration.....Well got to get ready....Leaving for Brandywine campground in about an hour......Should be back on Monday....Never camped out on a bike trip before.....should be interesting...:safemotorcycle:

Once again Thanks All...

I just plan on being a company driver....Would like to find something regional....But it looks like you almost have to go OTR to get some experience. Something with 7 on / 7 off... would be great....I have always put 50+ hours in a week for years...Dont mind putting in long hours...as long as I can have long hours off....(got to have time to ride the bike, atv, hunt , fish ).....and oh yea...:whistling:....Time for my wife....Whew! bought screwed up there....:confused24:

Have already applied for UPS/ Fedex routes...but so far ...no bites

Not having experience and being a truck driving school grad,I think your options are going to be limited.Most companies want 1 to 5 years experience due to their insurance requirements...Some companies will take you on as a trainee and that will help you get some experience,but the pay is pretty lousy.You are going to have to pay your dues somewhere to get the seat time.Then after a year or so,you should be able to upgrade yourself..This means you might have to run OTR for the first year..

Check out Roehl Transport Marshfield,Wi.

I know they offer a training program and if the school you attended is on their accredited list you might be able to bypass the training part..They offer a 7 on/7off deal where 3 drivers share 2 trucks.You have to slipseat,but this might work for you.I have not heard anything bad about this company....There is a member on this site that lives in Michigan and drives for them.I hope he sees this thread and chimes in because I forgot his name...CRS kicks in from time to time....:080402gudl_prv:

• 1 month later...

I've been a police officer going on 17 yrs, and have been driving truck part time for the past four, it's great extra money for buying toys. I get paid by the hour so I really don't mind sitting in traffic, but it still sucks. I travel to OH, IN, MI, IL, PA and Canada. Just a word of warning about Canada. They have different rule then the FMCSA and will shut you down in a heart beat, been there done that.

If your looking for a seven on seven off I think Roehl? does this for about $30,000 a year.