I thought I did it like you had instructed...I just attached the four vacuum lines to the posts. I didn't install anything else (restrictors). I'm not sure what they looked like, I know there was some adapters in the box and other than that I don't remember seeing anything.

If you have the Morgan Carbtune, you have to install the supplied restrictors 10 cm from the end of the black tubing. This means you must cut 10 cm off the end of the black tubing. The supplied 8 cm restrictor tube (clear plastic with very small hole) must be cut into equal lengths and inserted between the cut 10 cm end and the long length of the black tube.

Another possibility is that you attached the restrictor end of the black tubing at the Carbtune side instead of the carb end. The restrictor ends must be by the carbs not the Morgan Carbtune end. You can tell if the restrictor is in the tube because it 1. is cut 10 cm from one end of the black tube 2. it is slightly bulged there and is hard and inflexible. :080402gudl_prv:

I thought I did it like you had instructed...I just attached the four vacuum lines to the posts. I didn't install anything else (restrictors). I'm not sure what they looked like, I know there was some adapters in the box and other than that I don't remember seeing anything.

The restrictors they talk abut are about 1 inch or so and would fit inside one of the long tubes that you're using to connect the CarbTune to the carb ports.. What you're supposed to do is cut the line in 2 and splice them up again using those small solid tubes, this then creates the 'restriction' required to prevent the bouncing.. Typically you would cut the tube up closer towards the carb tune so that it doesn't snag up at the bike end of the long tube..

I hope that explains it a bit better.. ?

I checked it and there is nothing in the tubes...Like an idiot I through the box away. I don't remember anything that came with it except for some adapters and I remembered one thread that said we didn't need it.

2nd question..will it still work as is. I know when I idled it up it smoothed out or do I need to try to contact Morgan and try to get the restrictor tubes.

I just bought a mercury carb tune from a buddy who has had it since the 70s but only used it twice, I have been told these are the best ones are they?? Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it.

Yes they are the best in some ways. They don't go out of adjustment and they are the most accurate, as they use Mercury as the measuring media.

The down sides are the oxides of mercury are toxic, and you have to drain it to transport it.

If you keep it out of reach of children, don't eat, drink or smoke while using it and wash your hands after use, you should have no problems with it.

I have a set I bought about six months ago new.