IGNORED

Four on motorcycles killed locally

Venturous Randy

While we were in Asheville across the mountain, we had three crashes that killed four on motorcycles and it appears all may have been the fault of the motorcyclists. There was a 13 year old with a 12 year old on the back of a trail bike came across the road in front of a Jeep, killing the two kids. There was a 40 year old that lost control and in another crash, a 22 year old on a sport bike that was speeding hit a guard rail. That is the basic info given at the moment.

My first thought when the first anouncement was made before details was the people from our group going north. Then with the BMW rally here with an estimated 10,000 bikes, I thought about them. When the news guy finally came back and told what he did, I realized it was local people.

RandyA

Guest seuadr

it's a real shame when one moment of stupid ends a life.

be careful out there, and i just hope that people learn lessons from this that will keep with them. :(

Guest curtismiller

Three people were killed and three others injured Saturday when a pickup plowed head-on into a group of bikers during a charity ride.The truck veered into the oncoming lane and struck two bikes before rolling over and hitting two more on a rural hiway near Corsicana Tx.The ride was a benifit ride for the high school drill team.One of the dead was a science teacher for the school. She was a passenger on a bike ridden by her father who was also killed.Our prayers are with the family and freinds involved.I have often wondered if we are not at more risk when we ride in a close formation.Does it not hinder our ability to manuver to safety.Maybe not, just a thought. Ride safely. Curtis

Guest seuadr
Three people were killed and three others injured Saturday when a pickup plowed head-on into a group of bikers during a charity ride.The truck veered into the oncoming lane and struck two bikes before rolling over and hitting two more on a rural hiway near Corsicana Tx.The ride was a benifit ride for the high school drill team.One of the dead was a science teacher for the school. She was a passenger on a bike ridden by her father who was also killed.Our prayers are with the family and freinds involved.I have often wondered if we are not at more risk when we ride in a close formation.Does it not hinder our ability to manuver to safety.Maybe not, just a thought. Ride safely. Curtis

that is a damn shame too.

i'll keep their familys in my prayers as well.

i have ofte nwondered this, but i don't have much experence riding in a group larger than just a couple, and the friends i ride with tend to keep an 18th mile difference and mostly don't run side by side.