IGNORED

what a surprise after work

:o

I go to leave work, I unlock the steering and move the handlebars to hook up the GPS. And my bike falls towards me and over on the engine guards. After picking myself and the bike off the ground I found the side kickstand broke. In doing so broke my left highway floorboard in half my driving light but no plastic was damaged.

I now am looking for any of you that might have a spare kickstand and bolt. Please :o

I looked it over and the bolt appears to have been cracked for awhile, and probably broke and then one of the kickstand ears couldn't handle the weight and gave out.

I went to lowes and bought a shoulder bolt that was close.

It was a little long on the shoulder so I used a washer to take up that room.

I now have a factory bolt on order. Hope this hellps. they had to oreder the bolt but it was only $5.

David

While Mother is not back yet from his trip to Alaska, I know that just before he left, he had the same thing happen to him while he was at Bongobobny's. This is worth noting for all of us 1st gen VR owners.

While Mother is not back yet from his trip to Alaska, I know that just before he left, he had the same thing happen to him while he was at Bongobobny's. This is worth noting for all of us 1st gen VR owners.

I have made comments on this several times to try to get folks to check the condition of their side stand bolt. It is an easy thing to check and can save a bunch of grief. :doh:

RandyA

Yes, please check them, It caused more damage then just the stand.

I would say the bolt is most important, The bolt showed signs that it was cracked before the fresh break from yesterday, Go figure it's holding up 800+ pounds all the time. The sidestand itself was a clean break that didn't show signs of any kind of crack prior to the break.

Thank you all, I have a good used one on the burner.