Guest tx2sturgis

With the radio on, push the CB button once, the little orange lite should come on. Now when you adjust the volume knob, you are adjusting the CB volume. If you push the CB button again, it will show SQ, and a number. While that is displayed, you can rotate the knob ( or use the up/dn buttons), to adjust the squelch level, from 0 to 20. After a few seconds it will return to CB volume mode. If you want to go back and adjust the stereo volume, hit the audio button, and you are now adjusting the stereo volume.

Push and HOLD the CB button to turn the CB off. The orange LED should go out.

By the way, your CB antenna, the one with the plastic load in the middle, should be on the LEFT side of the bike. Some get reversed at the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Edited by tx2sturgis

Thanks - got it

I tried to adjust that darn thing while riding - that falls under the stupid category, especially when you (me) don't know what you're doing.

This September will make me the happy owner of my FIRST Venture and it's been a learning experience from day one. Am/FM/CB/ Zumo 550/ XM radio/ radar detector/ is there anything else that can be added. I could stand a little more confusion :happy-emoticon:

Thanks - got it

I tried to adjust that darn thing while riding - that falls under the stupid category, especially when you (me) don't know what you're doing.

This September will make me the happy owner of my FIRST Venture and it's been a learning experience from day one. Am/FM/CB/ Zumo 550/ XM radio/ radar detector/ is there anything else that can be added. I could stand a little more confusion

Add a passenger.. you'll want to strangle yourself after all THAT confusion ;) hehe

This September will make me the happy owner of my FIRST Venture and it's been a learning experience from day one. Am/FM/CB/ Zumo 550/ XM radio/ radar detector/ is there anything else that can be added. I could stand a little more confusion

Yep - forgot about the intercom - that should do it :think:

I just got a headset for us and does the radio and stuff go threw it? I plugged it in and got nothing?

When you plug in both headsets (with the audio system on) the intercom works just by talking. By pushing the select button a few times you will get to a point where you can change whether the audio comes through the speakers or the headsets (using the up or down arrow).

I do not believe there is a way to have the CB come through the headset only while the radio is on the speakers... If there is, I sure would like to know.

Oh, and somewhere on this site one can download both the owner's manual as well as the service manual. I looked a little bit and did not find it -- but I did not look very hard...

I don't beleive you can have the radio and CB separate, as far as speakers vs headset. I think its either both out speakers or both in headset. If I am wrong hope someone shares on that one cuz I have never been able to figure it out.

You will hear your CB either through the headsets or the speakers. Whichever you have selected. If you have a headset, and are listenening to your stereo through the speakers, you can still talk on the CB through your mike....