IGNORED

Vermont accommodations

RossKean

Hi

Looks like we may FINALLY get at least a short break in the weather so I'm planning a solo three day trip that will take me from New Brunswick, through Maine and New Hampshire, into Vermont (July 09). I expect to stay overnight in the Barre/Montpelier/Burlington area, take a ferry across Lake Champlain, circle through the Adirondacks and stay the second night (July 10) in the North Conway area. Return to NB via Hwy 1. This is my tentative route:

Trip

I don't know much about that part of Vermont so I was wondering if someone can recommend a reasonably economical place to stay between Barre and Burlington? I'll be rolling in fairly late so I want to make arrangements before I go. Also looking for restaurant recommendations and alternate routes that might be worthwhile. I can't really extend the total distance because of time limitations.

Thanks

Ross

We live in Newport, NH right near the VT Border. You would be welcome to stay here. We have a guest room and a space in the garage for your bike.

Or.. if you don't want to stay... then at least stop in and lets us buy you dinner and a great mexican place we have in town.

Reaney

I would be delighted to take you up on your offer of accommodation!!

I think it will work with a slightly modified travel itinerary. Only one thing... You pick the place but dinner is on me!

I'll send you a PM confirming details and get your contact information.

Thanks

Ross

If you have the time, a short ride up to Stowe, VT is a great place to stop. Just go north thru Waterberry. If you do add this side trip, of course you will have to stop in at Ben and Jerry's ( a little ice cream always makes a good ride better:crackup:).

I ride up there every couple of years, always good roads. The Adirondaks are beautiful. Wish I had the time to ride up and and meet you. My wife has family in Vermont, so when we visit in the summer, the bike has to go with us.

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Dave, who is green with envy!:crying:

Dave

I hate doing a trip with major time constraints. As it is, I will be doing three days of almost 450 miles on secondary roads. No time for side trips but would consider alternate routes - have already changed my mind a few times. As it is, I may find this is too much; especially if I find a good reason to stop for a couple of hours somewhere along the way. I'm trying to cram as much as possible into a couple of vacation days and an unprecedented (for this year) three day window of favorable weather forecast.

Ross