IGNORED

Hey Boomer

Black Owl

Being a dumb old Army Chief not sure that I fully understand this, but thought you might...

The Navy Chief noticed a new seaman and barked at him, 'Get over here ! What's your name?"

"Paul," the new seaman replied.

"Look, I don't know what kind of bleeding-heart pansy crap they're teaching sailors in boot camp today,
but I don't call anyone by his first name," the chief scowled. "It breeds familiarity, and that leads to a breakdown in authority.

I refer to my sailors by their last names only; Smith, Jones, Baker. I am to be referred to only as 'Chief.' Do I make myself clear?"

"Aye, Chief!"

"Now that we've got that straight, what's your last name?"

The seaman sighed. "Darling, My name is Paul Darling, Chief."

"Okay, Paul, here's what I want you to do ....."

LMAO!! I can understand that completely.

With over 23 years of Active Duty I sure ran across some unusual names that at times created a bit of difficulty for me. I got to be real good at keeping a straight face .....especially when it came to issuing orders to subordinates.

Behind the closed door of the Chief's Quarters we all laughed and shared great memories in that special Fraternity I assure you.:happy34:

Boomer........who's sure that more than one Commanding Officer was happy to see him walking off his gangway for the last time.:crackup: