IGNORED

Question on RK mufflers

I was recently given a set of mufflers that are suppose to be off a 2006 Road King but the guy that gave them to me said they did not have catalytic converters in them. The part numbers are 65538-95 and 65539-95 and say they make 80db on a FLT 1340/1400. When I run the part numbers through google it says they are for a FLT just like on the mufflers which is a Tour Glide. The Road king is a FLHT. Also if they are the right part numbers how do I tell what year they are off of and whether they have the catalytic converters in them? Thanks for any help.

I put RK pipes on my 03 and they were off an 02 Road King. All the larger HD's will use the same pipes. The cats started showing up around 03. Just look into the inlets and if there is a cat, you can easilly see it. It looks like a yellowish brick. The other pipe will have a metal cap inside that is part of the forward baffle. I drilled out my baffles with an 1-1/8" hole saw and what a nice deep mellow sound these V-4's make. Many guys use the cats without any problems as the backpressure is pretty much the same out of both as per HD. Brian

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/briantheriault01/SoapBoxBike033-1.jpg