I'm a big gearhead. changing the engine in a car is not hard for me. Even changing to an engine that is not supposed to be in there is only moderately hard for me.

I have a nice tiny IHI RHB31 turbo sitting here that would fit nicely on the 1st gen venture.

Has anyone ever tried turboing a venture or Vmax?

About anything can be done. It is just up to how much work you want to put in it. Kinda like putting a Cadillac North Star in your Fiero GT. That makes a real sweet combination.

Like me putting a 350 Chevy in a 240Z Datsun and putting 156,000 miles on it after the mod.

RandyA

Actually I helped a friend put a tuned LS1 in a fiero. 425hp in a car like that is scary fun.

Just tinkering with an idea, It would be really simple, but I'm unsure of how to tweak the ignition box on the venture for boost.

A company in Europe sells an aftermarket TCI that can be had in several versions, either preprogrammed for the Venture or user programmed (they'll give you the Venture program which can be tweaked). http://www.ignitech.cz/english/aindex.htm

There is a long list of motorcycles on their website that they have already adapted their programmable TCI to.

The reason I'm familiar with this company, is I'm having electrical problems with my 2001 Triumph Tbird, and this aftermarket ignition is being used by several Tbird riders as a low cost replacement for the the factory model. A couple of Tbird riders have bought the programable version and made mods or added inputs not in the origonal factory TCI.