IGNORED

Zumo 550 & iphone

I have that combination plus the Cardo Scala Q2 headset. Link the iphone to the zumo, the zumo to the Q2. It also provides the rider/pass intercom. Zumo has been in hard rain several times with no problem. Phone functions well with the zumo.

I use both an Iphone and Zumo 550 and there is no problem synching up to the GPS. My main complaint with the Iphone is poor phone signal strength. I lose the phone signal in all but the strongest areas. I can be in a restaurant with no service on my phone and my wife's phone will have 4 bars showing on her Razr phone which is also on ATT. I lose phone service quickly in remote areas.

Dennis

I have the iPhone 3G and the Zumo 550. No problems pairing them, but you will need the Buddy Rich cable to talk over the phone through your microphone. Without it you can only hear them. Unless you buy a bluetooth headset for your helmet. With the new OS and also the new iPhone 3Gs you get stereo bluetooth.

I live in a pretty rural area and have no trouble with reception. In fact I road into work this morning (which by the way is 50 miles) on my bike listening to XMRadio over my iPhone and never lost the signal. Maybe in mountainous terrain problems might arise, but here in the flatlands, I have yet to find a place where I don't have signal. Next weekend I plan on being in Asheville and will see how it works out there.

It's nice and there is also an app that allows me to connect to my home PC and listen to my music library over the phone. This allows me to take the mp3's off my phone if I need more space.