IGNORED

Buddy going towards the Darkside.

buddy

Well I ordered Kumho 195/55/16 Run Flat for my Gold Wing, It will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to testing this CT out when we have the Rally in August.

From what I read and the comments here,I bit the bullet and bought the Kumho.

If Its anything like mounting runflats on car wheels :headache: I know I will not like it that much . Garage just bought a new tire maching at work so I will give it a try, it is one of those fancy mounting machine.

Let every one know how things turn out....

Buddy

Keep me up to date on how this goes. I have been reading so much about the CT for the Wing. As much as I ride this could really be a savings for me. How is the RSV? had time to work on it again? I hate knowing my baby is disabled:crying:

• 2 weeks later...

I could kick myself Man I could kick myself......:buttkick:

Installed the Kumho today and I have to say I was a very HAPPY MAN

Why dint I do this sooner.....:doh:

The Gold Wing is considered the Cadillac of all rides, but adding This Kumho changed the Wing all the way around. This is by far is the best ride I have ever received from any motorcycle and the handling is awesome. I live on a gravel road - 300ft and I have way less problems with gravel now- I can come to a complete stop without having to worry about balance - I can almost do a snail walk now - And fighting the cross winds on the interstate is no problem. Foot print on this Kumho is so wide it changed the whole outlook on this Wing. Yes I'm very pleased with this ride and the turning is no problem, Wing turns real good.

Now installing this baby was a pain in the :soapbox:

Which all run flats are a pain. It took two of us, myself and my son to install this tire and the fitment on the rim is perfect too, Lube the heck out of the bead and it popped in place at 40 lbs of air... Set the air at 32psi in the Kumho

Also installed 3 OZ of Dyna Beads to the Kumho and no shimmy at all

0-90mph.......fast enough for me...

Laid the Wing down on its right side on some blankets, and did all the work from the bottom side and the Kumho was no problem, went right in place...

Looking forward to testing this Kumho out next mo. in AR.

:happy34:

Buddy

Laid the Wing down on its right side on some blankets, and did all the work from the bottom side and the Kumho was no problem, went right in place...

Anyone ever done this with their rsv? I'm intrigued........:think:

Anyone ever done this with their rsv? I'm intrigued........:think:

you need to get to both sides of the rsv. Wing has five lug bolts on the left side, like a car.

I was at the WINGDING last weekend. Goldwing rally in Tulsa. I watched the techs change tires on the goldwing - up on the center stand - on a raised platform (with safety straps of course) and it was nearly as swift and simple as a car. I was impressed. Now I must spend time considering my '83 Venture - almost 900 pounds - as a candidate for the darkside. [bTW - went to Daniel Meyer's website and WOW - and I ordered his books. I am impressed. Let you know later of my review!]

Yes You can change the tire on a Wing while on center stand - MC tire.

But with CT you need more room like a lift or bike laying on its side. CT is too wide to install from the back side area, besides its quicker to change tires on a lift or on its side than remove the trailer hitch and the plastic off the rear.

Buddy

Edited by buddy