IGNORED

Hey Wrongway........how's the new seat??

stvmaier

I noticed in your add in the classifieds for your backrest, that you got a road sofa!! I've been seriously debating it. How do you like it??? why did you switch from stock?? Did you get the one with the Gel pad built in?? OH...and...how's your passenger like it (veeerry important question!!)Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

I like the Road Sofa quite well. It is a firm seat though not to the extent that a Corbin is. I like the dish the seat has, fits me well. The passenger is OK with her part but we did buy her a butt buffer just to make sure and prevent any problems. It didn't seem to bother her too much back from Don's, she was able to fall asleep on the bike. Not sure if it has gel pad or not, I got it at Don's maintenance day for a very good price. Figured if it sucked I could always get my money back for it. Only reason I got it was cause I had some extra money at the moment, I had no problem with the pillow tops. Overall I am really pleased with it, and the passenger at least doesn't hate it :thumbsup:

so....you like it better than stock??? and the wife....not quite as much,but no real issues with it? How big of a guy are you(dont mean to pry), I'm 5'8" about 195lbs. Just wondering if you're close to my size as a reference...have you ridden any long distances since you got it???...obviously long enough for SOMEONE to take a NAP!! thanks again for the info.....dont wanna drop 650 bucks :mo money:un-informed!! but if it fixes my tail-bone issues...it'll be well worth it!!

so....you like it better than stock??? and the wife....not quite as much,but no real issues with it? How big of a guy are you(dont mean to pry), I'm 5'8" about 195lbs. Just wondering if you're close to my size as a reference...have you ridden any long distances since you got it???...obviously long enough for SOMEONE to take a NAP!! thanks again for the info.....dont wanna drop 650 bucks :mo money:un-informed!! but if it fixes my tail-bone issues...it'll be well worth it!!

I am 6' and about 285 (starting to lose it though) Second day I had it we rode 350-400 miles, and the same the next day. I must say I was glad it worked out, I sure would have noticed it then. Again, the pillow tops were ok for me too, and I had a couple 800+ mile days with them. It seems that I can vary the seating position more than with the pillow tops. I can slouch or sit up nice and straight. The bucket of the seat provides a small backrest effect. Dee hasn't said anything bad about it as a passenger. I think she was so pleased with the pillow tops that she was more leery of changing than anything. So I guess I do like it better than stock, but it's a different kind of better if that makes sense. They are just two completely different types of seats.