IGNORED

Questions on TCI relocation

I am getting ready to relocate my TCI box. I almost have it released from the current convenient location and I would like to put it on top of the airbox. It sounds like some of you have routed the 2 connector cables up the left (?) side if the airbox.

Once disconnected from the TCI is there enough slack in the 2 cables that they can be slid up the side without removing that darn box?

How did you secure the TCI to the airbox lid?

Also, my connector cables were puked on from the old battery right where the wires enter the white plastic connector. Is there a "best way" to clean that stuff off without damaging the wires?

Thanks

Kevin

Magically there is JUST enough cable slack to route them up, inside the frame, and up above the airbox. But before that, mix some baking soda in a small glass of water and use a small brush to wash down the connector.. this will need rinsing and a bit more "painting" but that will get the "battery puke" off, repeat untill the "mixture" stops foaming, rinse and then smear in some dialectric grease.

If the pins really need it, they are secured in the housing with a "locking ear" on each pin. From the wire side there is an extra "square" cutout in the housing of each pin for a retractor tool... probably $6 at an electronic shop.. BUT, you can "borrow" a large bobby pin from your wife and the straight side majes a dandy extractor. Push the pin IN, using the wire, push the extractor "blade" all the way down the square slot to push the "locking ear" back and then pull the wire... the pin should slide riight out for close and personal cleaning.