Gentlemen and Ladies

The 05 RSV I purchased in Apirl has been running great up to now, however just today it starting misfiring out of both mufflers when slowing down. I mean like a gun going off. In Canada that could be a scary time since it is very quite up here. Any ideas/suggestions on what could be the cause and more importantly the cure.:fingers-crossed-emo

I had the same thing going on before maintenance day. You could hear me miles away, sounded like a fire fight! Muffinman color tuned and synched the carbs and it fixed it! :dancefool:

Edited by Wrongway
spelling is important!

Mine did it when it was brand new. Quit after I synched the carbs. I hate to say it but I was going down a mountain in Colorado. Two big black SUVs had passed me. They had pulled over and a bunch of guys in suits were lined up taking a leak. Looked like a bunch of Federales of some kind. I chopped the throttle knowing that at that altitude it was going to backfire. Didn't really get to see their reaction. One of those things you do without thinking. Still think it was funny though.

V7 Goose,

I checked out the link you sent. As with most thing in life.....keep it simple. Up here in the North country it is still a chilly in the morning. I used the choke....however I did not completlely push it all the way off when the bike warmed up. Go figure. Rode it today and no problems. :think:

Mine did it when it was brand new. Quit after I synched the carbs. I hate to say it but I was going down a mountain in Colorado. Two big black SUVs had passed me. They had pulled over and a bunch of guys in suits were lined up taking a leak. Looked like a bunch of Federales of some kind. I chopped the throttle knowing that at that altitude it was going to backfire. Didn't really get to see their reaction. One of those things you do without thinking. Still think it was funny though.

They are still looking for the two that jumped off the Overlook!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: