IGNORED

Goldie Runs Again, But...

The ignition module I got isn't the right one so I'm not sure if I have other problems or not! It isn't running as smooth as it should but it could be a fouled plug or something. The problem may be a different response curve for the timing as well due to the diferent modsule. I stripped the module out of the '85 and found out it is also the different module, the same as the one I acquired. The good (?) news is that the module from the '85 is bad, and that's why it wouldn't start many years ago, so I can use my newly acquired one on that one!

Sooo, the module I need is a TID14-28 41R10. The one I have is a 41R11 TID14-34. It seems to me there was a member rebuilding these modules. Anybody remember who?? I have a couple needing fixin' but I supose I could take them apart and replace the glass diodes myself.

Anybody out there have the module I need for sale for a reasonbable price?? The last one I saw had a buy it now price of $99 and was around for several weeks before someone finally bought it. I have bought them of ebay as cheap as $45 but that was a couple of years ago...

I think it was a member called DonB from Windsor Ont.

Hope he is still in the biz, 'cause I just might need his help too.

Brian H.

Thats him and he is still in buisines . You guys are in luck though as he couldn't touch my bike as it was too new, His setup only worked until 89 or 90.

good luck,

David

OK, is anybody knowledgeable on why the change in ignition modules from the '84 and '85???

The change was made from 83 to 84. All bikes from 84 through, I believe 89, when the ignition became digital, are the same. They kept making improvements to the units so the later the unit the better. The difference between the 83 and later years is how the spark advance is emitted. One uses above throttle plate vacuum and the other uses below plate vacuum. This is one reason that later year carbs must have modifications to be used on an 83 for proper performance.

Dick