IGNORED

Bikes Blues and BBQ rally in Arkansas

Guest tx2sturgis

We are close enough to go over for a day - we did that last year - not sure if it's in the plans this year. Check with colesgrampa was there last year too. It's a lot of fun just to sit on mainstreet and watch all the bikes that ride up and down it.

TX2Stur...I am off that week I may ride up there to say hello and spend Weds and Thurs night there...Will stay in touch..only 600 or so miles so very do-able in a days ride.Ill look up Lowell and see what hes up too those days.

• 3 months later...
Anyone else going to this rally?

Were staying at the Beaver Lake Campground. Demo Rides by Star motorcycles! (maybe)

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

I may be riding up on my ZX11 sportbike. It's gray with all the decals and emblems removed. Two years ago it was the only sportbike parked on Dixon!

Say "Hi" if you see me . . .

Guest tx2sturgis
I live just a little ways from Winn-Creek and would loved to go for a ride, or just sit and drink a cold beer. What days are you going to be in the area?

Tracy

I'm riding with a friend of mine, and our departure from the Amarillo area will depend on the time he can be released from work Wednesday the 23rd. So..depending on that variable, we may be arriving Wednesday evening or as late as Thursday afternoon.

My best guess at this time is that we SHOULD be able to arrive at Winn Creek on Thursday by noon.

Thursday evening or Friday morning would be a good time to come by...I'm not sure where we will be camped of course, but we are both expecting to have our green tents, and my Venture is all black with Texas Flag decals on the trunk, and the other rider, Dave, is riding a 2 tone maroon and cream HD Fatboy, with windshield and bags.

I am signed up for a demo ride on the new Spyder RT, at noon on Friday. So if you come by after 10 or so, we'll probably be in Fayetteville at the Spyder Demo rides. All other plans are completely up in the air at this point, but you can assume we'll only be around the campground in the mornings and late evenings. Out planned depart will be sometime Sunday.

You can email my iphone before you come by, just send an email anytime after Wednesday nite to:

tx2sturgis@yahoo.com

(please put "rally" in the subject line, to help me see it!)

The email should arrive on my iphone during our trip. Then I can reply and let you know more accurately where we will be.

Lookin forward to sharing stories and a beer or 2 with anyone who wants to come by!

Sounds Great! I will have to work the first part of the week but I hope to get Thurs and Friday off. I have a full shop of tools and a truck and trailer if you or your friend should have any bike problems. If you need any info about the area give me a call. You can find my cell phone number in the contact info.

:beer:

PS Don't speed thru the town of Westfork, AR. The cops are jerks there.

Tracy

My wife Debbie and I plan to go up on Saturday and stay in the motel my brother booked. i can't remember the name, but I know where it is. We missed last yr. so we are looking forward to it. We have been going since the 2nd one. Each yr. it get's bigger and bigger. This coming weekend is a great little Blues festival in Stillwater, Ok. My step son is playing there in his band- the Redriver Mudcats.

• 2 weeks later...