IGNORED

Eastern Grand Canyons

mraf

We have been to both Eastern Grand Canyons these last few weeks. The first visit was in PA at the Leonard Harrison State Park. The second visit was in New Yorks Letchworth State Park. Both something to see in there own right but nothing compared to Arizona's Grand Canyon. After the ride to Letchworths park we took a ride around Lake Keuka one of the Finger Lakes. At the southern end near Hammondsport N.Y. is the Glen Curtiss Museum. He was one of the early pioneers of aviation. Before becoming involved in aviation he built bicycles then motorcycles and was dubbed "The worlds fastest man" in 1907, before being beaten by a man in a airplane later. The motorcycle he rode is on display there. All I can say is 136 M.P.H.. He was a braver man than I'll ever be.This was the only museum that I've ever seen that lets you enter the restoration shop. For all you Cushman lovers out there I added the lineup of Cushmans that were there at the museum. We bought this Venture to tour the country and now can do it {between work}. It now gets 46 MPG and purrs like a kitten. :D

Mraf is right on the money about the Curtis Museum!! I would like to add to his summation though if its ok.. I have been thru there a couple times now and EVERY time I try to think of a comparison of this wonderful place I keep coming back to this: If you have ever been to the science museum in Chicago you know how "hands on" for kids it is.. Now think of a motorcycle or aircraft museum that is HANDS ON for us ol gear heads that still LOVE to imagine and cant keep the fingers still even on vacation!!!!

Not everything is fondleable but LOTS of it is!! Plus,, and here is another favorite part of mine - it is CHEAP to get in and ALLLLLLLLLLLLL original stuff!!!

Who could ask for anything more?

Thanks for pointing this out of the way place out to us!:thumbsup2:

'Puc