IGNORED

7'' Round 12v LED Headlamp

awsmsrv

Are you replacing your headling often enough to justify $228 per person? Someone posted elsewhere that they found a 9003 Super White 50/60 watt lamp for $5. That's about 46 replacements. I think in 10 years I've replaced a headlight twice on my bike, once was to go to a higher wattage highbeam 50/100 (The socket didn't like the extra heat by the way).

Has anyone here tried this yet? Sounds pretty neat. I wonder how much it costs. . . .

Found it for $456 for a pair, maybe? Find a buddy to go in half? Wow!

Guest tx2sturgis

Dont drop coin on these yet.

In October of last year, I started a thread announcing these new LED headlamps:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28922

After that, I sent an email to the manufacturer, Phillips, asking for any details on the possiblity of an E-CODE lamp for motorcycles. I never got a reply.

I would not spend a penny on these truck style lamps, because the pattern is not correct for a single track vehicle. If your putting them on your bus or truck, then OK. But leaning vehicles, and vehicles with one headlight, need a different lighting pattern. One of the problems with the stock RoyalStar forward lighting, is that the bikes do not come with E-CODE headlamps. Most touring Harleys do (or DID), and my 2000 model ElectraGlide came stock with the E-CODE headlamp. E-CODE headlamps provide a better pattern, and if i was going to spend hundreds of dollars on a new headlamp, I'd want it to work better than the one I took off the bike.

I think its better to pop in a few heavy duty MC H4 replacement bulbs (preferably in a new E-CODE housing), or upgrade to HID lighting, or add auxiliary lights at this time...but maybe the future will be....'Brighter'...

:scratchchin:

Edited by tx2sturgis