IGNORED

Your Experience with Dealership Service Dept.............

I'm calling my dealer tomorrow because of issues caused by my last service.

Caps were left off the large screws holding on my fuel tank, and had I not checked, the rubber boot on the right wide would be a goner. It was hanging by a thread.

The front right screw holding on the ignition cover is [ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41855]not coming out[/ame]. It looks to have been overtightened. I want them to remove it... if someone is gonna screw it up, it will be them. Oh yeah, three out of the four clear plastic washers are now missing from there.

Seems like small things to complain about, but I have no doubt that little bolt caps and little plastic washers are $15 parts at Yamaha.

More serious is the damage I got on my first visit to the shop. They seemed to have backed the bike into something, so my right saddlebag is deeply scarred on the corner. I didn't notice it until I got home, so I couldn't prove they did it (didn't try, tho).

On my first longish trip, my shifter fell off. The bolt wiggled loose. I used one of the spare screws from my fuse cover to hold it on. I asked the dealer to replace it, since they had done all the service thus far. They claimed it was improper maintenance, but they had done the maintenance immediately before the trip! Anyways, after bugging them for the "special screw" for months, I took it in for service. When I got the bike back, they had installed a new bolt... a regular hex-head, not the special screw.

That's when I started doing my own maintenance except for the unusual heavy stuff. And that's when I discovered they either didn't do a carb sync or did it wrong--it was way off, fresh from the shop.

In short, I know there are good Yamaha shops, but mine isn't one of them. :buttkick:

Dave

That's when I started doing my own maintenance except for the unusual heavy stuff. And that's when I discovered they either didn't do a carb sync or did it wrong--it was way off, fresh from the shop.

Dave

They must have followed the instructions in the factory manual, they're wrong!:soapbox:

Another question would be to the tech working the bikes.....what do they know about the RSV......it may surprise you that many know nothing about them at all!

The tech who works on my bike is the lead mechanic and he also owns an RSV. So far they have done a good job for me on my bikes.