IGNORED

gear ratios..vmax final drive..rpms

jlh3rd

what does it take to install a vmax drive to an 07 venture....can i just buy a complete assembly...or just a couple of gears......and how much is the cost for parts

would the final 5th gear ratio with a vmax rear be higher or lower than the 4th gear ratio on a stock second gen

i discovered on my recent trip that running my stock venture in 4th gear , even at 65-70 indicated ( uncorrected) , that my gas mileage varied only 1-2 mpg......and whenever i encountered an incline , the bike just pulled better, felt smoother, in 5th gear it always appears to be lugging...even though i know it isn't....which brings up my next question

what is the engine rpm at 70 mph indicated (uncorrected) in 5th gear and 4th gear...stock 2nd gen..

There are a number of us here running VMAX rears in our RSVs for exactly the reason you describe. I honestly think it is one of the best modifications I've ever done. There are two ways it can be done. Either remove the gears from a VMAX rear and install them in your rear end or use the complete VMAX assembly and machine the mounting area and hole for the speedo sensor.

There is one other option and it is the one that I and several others here chose. Go to http://www.rmsportmax.com and buy/exhange there. :)