That would be false the reason the bike or motor is called a sleeper is the fact that in the Venture it still has the power to out run alot of the bikes of today.In its day I would guess that not many bikes would be able to give it serious competition.

Think about your thoughts the first time you saw a first gen did you think that it was a full dress crotch rocket?

It is try playing with the young kids on CR and see what they do the second time you get next to them at a trafic light.

Jeff

A sleeper motor to me means - surprised by the performance of motor in a vehicle thought to be in another catagor

:225::cool10::cool10:

same here. a sleeper, is one that looks sorta normal, catches you sleeping/napping, and "waxs your a$$,when you challenge it!!!lol

i have seen quite a few "sleeper" street rods!

just jt

Mine is a 2nd Gen. Yesterday the wife and I got "challenged" by a guy on a Suzuki 1150 crotch rocket at a light. I had never pushed this machine before. If the limiter had not kicked in a couple of times we would have whipped him badly, even riding 2 up while he was solo. Had I been alone the RSV might have buried that guy. I'd call this a "sleeper". Was over 90 before shifting into 4th.