IGNORED

Tank Map holder for First Gen - recommendation?

TexasFlyer

As many of you know, the cover where I want to mount a map holder is plastic. I just spent more than a couple of hours looking at websites that have many different types and styles and none seemed "Venture Friendly" to me.

So - anyone have a recommendation on brand/make/model of "tank luggage" you like for your first gen that has a map window on it?

Thanks for your time!!!

Larry

I seem to recall that there was a thread on this subject awhile back, which you might be able to find by doing a "search".

My favorite solution to this problem belongs to 86er, who glued magnets on the inside of the plastic cover, so that whenever he wants to use the tank bag (also with magnets) all he has to do is lay it out over the cover and sure enough, it stays in place!.

My own solution was to just take off the cover and tuck the extended part of the unit that holds the magnets on either side up and under, then put the cover back on. It stays in place quite well, though after a long day it can loosen up a bit.

TERRY

Guest ReinyRooster

Larry, here are some pics. Let me know if you're interested. I haven't shown the straps in the pic but have them as well.