can anybody tell me what the class system discharge valve looks like? I can see the compressor and all but have NO idea what the discharge valve remotely looks like. My system keeps throwing an E1, it threw E4 before then I soldered it, it worked for about 5 minutes now its throwing E1..

thanksalot

zac

can anybody tell me what the class system discharge valve looks like? I can see the compressor and all but have NO idea what the discharge valve remotely looks like. My system keeps throwing an E1, it threw E4 before then I soldered it, it worked for about 5 minutes now its throwing E1..

thanksalot

zac

I've never had to mess with one...or seen one for that matter, but from the schematics it looks like it's connected to the rear shock. I guess there's a 'T' on the shock, and the discharge is after the 'T'?? The E1 mostly deals with poor connections to the discharge, and I've never read on this board where a D-valve has failed, but I guess there's always a first??

cleaned everything....just keeps throwing an E1.....should the system be making any sounds at all?

I haven't noticed anything other than the compressor pumping when adjusting pressure. Attached is a flow chart for the E1 Error code. This might help. You might also think about going in and resoldering the board. Sometimes those cold solder joints don't take the first time around.

Did you pull out the circuit board and Re-Solder all the connections of wires going

" TO " The board.

Also, the pig tail from the control unit, has a plug about 6 in. from the unit. Check the wires going into both sides of that plug, the Wires might be loose at the Pin Crimps on ends of those wires.

Also, Under the passenger seat, left side of frame, the large Electrical plug, that has about 18 small wires going thru it. Open that plug and Clean with Contact cleaner and compressed air. Also, tug tug tug, on all the wires going thru this plug, might be a loose wire.

Near the Rear compressor unit, there are a few electrical plugs, also clean, and examing these plugs.

Most of the time, the Error Messages, end up being a " BAD " electrical connection.

The last time I had the Control unit open, I simply Resoldered the Entire Circuit board, had a " Cold Solder Joint " somplace on the board. Its been OK since then.

thanksalot

zac

There is a plastic reed valve (looks like a duck bill) where the hose from compressor connects into the solenoid valves. The reed valve can crack and leak backwards from system....Yamaha had a service bulletin on this way back in 83. I think thats the compressor discharge valve you are asking about.