IGNORED

Clutch Lever - Brass piece

There is a brass piece in the clutch lever that depresses the plunger for the clutch. On the used 2002 Venture I bought last year, this piece is quite worn - I think the previous owner never lubed it. Does anyone know if this piece can be purchased anywhere?

If not, I'll probably see if I can find a piece of brass rod with the appropriate diameter and drill a hole partway through for the plunger. Also, can the pivot bushing for the clutch (and brake) be replaced? Mine are a bit sloppy due to (I suspect) lack of maintenance.

Didn't find part numbers for these bits in the Yamaha listings.

Ross

EVERY part for the RSV is available at your local Yamaha dealer, or many of the online parts houses.

To find the part number you should download the parts manual. If you click on the VRTech button in the left hand column you will get there.

While you are there, download the service manual too.....

BTW sense I dont know what part you are looking for, it is probably on page F6.

I already have the download of the parts catalog and service manual and did not find the information. The bits that I am looking for are not listed as separate parts. (page F6 is correct for the parts manual diagram)

In the service manual, the diagram on page 4-35 shows it a little better but does not provide part numbers. The piece is described as "Holder (push rod)".

Ross

Ross....

pretty common for the round brass bushing to wear out, look on the parts fiche for #2 master cylinder (from mrcycles.com)

the bushing...item #4 BUSH 3GM-26455-00-00 $6.20

the pushrod that sits in the bushing...item #3 ROD,PUSH 3GM-26464-00-00 $6.38

Thanks everyone! I guess I didn't look carefully enough at the on-line information available. I'm a little wider awake this morning and managed to find it. I'll see if the local Yammie dealer has it. :doh:

KiteSquid

After some other responses, I had another look at the parts listing under "Front Master Cylinder 2". It's there but the description "Bush" and the diagram were not immediately clear to me.

Wanderer

Just had another look on the site you posted. Found the part, cryptically described as "Bush"

Neil86

Thanks. Didn't initially recognize it from the diagram, but I know what I need now!

Ross

I too need an extra cup of coffee....

:97:

I am just glad you could find the part number.

Your local dealer probably does not have it on the shelf, unless it is used in several other models of bikes as it would be a low use item...

He will probably have to order it for you.

Good luck! And thanks for the reminder to lubricate our control linkages.

Guest Saddletramp

If you go to the Star Motorcycle web site and look on the border across the top of the page you will see a "parts and service" title. Click on that and you can get to a parts catalog which gives you exploded views of the bike along with part numbers. This is very helpful when looking for parts and then calling your local dealer to order the same. It appears that not many people know about this being available.:detective: