IGNORED

stator replace

To start remove the engine guard on the left side.

1.Remove the shifter and peg or floorboards.

2.Remove the oil

3.Remove mid-gear cover, (the case cover on the left to the rear) this will drain more oil and free the wiring to be removed.

4. Now remove the left front cover. NOTE: this cover is hard to remove because of the magnetic pull on the stator. Note: the position of the shifter shaft as you remove the cover.

5.Place the cover on a suitable work aria so we don’t scare the case.

6.Remove the retainer for the wiring. Remove the retaining ring [This is where you need the Impact Driver]

Reverse the above steps to install

Thanks to Fred Vogt. He has a picture for everything!!

• 6 months later...

There was also an update on the cooling for your stator. It only amounts to a different crank nut (has a hole in the center to deliver oil) and a splash piece as I recall.. The reason those early model stators failed is they got so hot they fried..

I think Ricky Stator would be your best bet - I got my update from him a long time ago and it has worked perfect all these years. Their number is 1-800-521-0277. Electrx is another - 1-888-369-8359.

Good luck

'Puc

There was also an update on the cooling for your stator. It only amounts to a different crank nut (has a hole in the center to deliver oil) and a splash piece as I recall.. The reason those early model stators failed is they got so hot they fried..

I think Ricky Stator would be your best bet - I got my update from him a long time ago and it has worked perfect all these years. Their number is 1-800-521-0277. Electrx is another - 1-888-369-8359.

Good luck

'Puc

Newer engines have the oil hole???