IGNORED

Anzac Day-Proud to March

Aussie Annie

Just wanted to share with you all, how much pride I have, marching in the Anzac Day parade tomorrow (25th April) wearing my fathers' (WW2), and my grandfathers' medals (WW1.) I even have the rising sun badge from my grandfathers army hat. Alan and I march every year--even argued with Dr's when in hospital(after accident) to go in wheelchair and march.

To see the old "diggers"-- and our young people serving our country, has always filled me with such pride. And I love going to the RSL club afterwards and spending the day with them. Lots of beer, two-up and BS-magic!!

LEST WE FORGET

NEVER RIDE FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL:2133:CAN FLY

Way to go Annie.

My 85 years old Dad will be marching.

Me? I was gonna slap on my medals and join the locals but unfortunately I have some urgent renovations and repairs to do on a house I own about 100kms away and it's gonna take me 2 days to do them. Will however attend the service in that town - 2 blocks from the house.

Enjoy the day, and "Come In Spinner."

(That'll get the Yanks thinking!)

annie, i have been following your posts since you came to the site. i like your style. you are cool in my book. we need more americans like you. sure you don't want to move over here. we could use about fifty million people that are as nice as, and think like you. my kind of gal. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

annie, i have been following your posts since you came to the site. i like your style. you are cool in my book. we need more americans like you. sure you don't want to move over here. we could use about fifty million people that are as nice as, and think like you. my kind of gal. bill :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::2133:

Geez Bill, A girls' head could get big ya know with compliments like that :crackup::crackup:If the lottery comes in, or my insurance claim is successful, we will be over to say "G'Day" to you all. We are just back from the RSL and the diggers had a great time. It was good to see all the kids lining the route the march took, and waving their flags and clapping. Thanks again for your kind words--I am humbled God Bless

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

way to go you guys. have a great time and thanks for remembering. :happy34::happy34::happy34:

don c.

The pride I feel marching is amazing --and the tears' flow when they play the last post and reveille. We need to ALWAYS remember, don't we !!:thumbsup2:

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly