IGNORED

Trouble

usmaid

Hi- We have an 05 Venture with a Motorvation Royale side car that was put Mar 08 by Motorvation. We had no trouble all last summer. We got the bike out lasr weekend and noticed a radiator leak. We took the sidecar off and got it to the dealer this am. The dealer has called to say that the frame is flexing and causing the fan shroud to rub on the back side of the radiator causing the leak. It is not covered under warrenty and will cost $1000.00 to repair. Has anyone here heard of this? Any ideas on how to prevent it from happening again? Any info will be helpful

Thank you

Beth

Have you talked to Motorvation about this problem to see if there is something they could possibly do?

Offhand it sounds to me like your Yammi Dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you. If the Dealer has not torn the bike apart I would be looking to take the bike to a different Dealer.

Boomer.....who really doubts the scoot frame would flex that much unless you are hauling illegal aliens into the Country with the scoot/sidecar.

Thank's for the info. Motorvation is on the contact list. We gave the dealer the go a head to fix it. It's no good to us the way it is. They are really the only game in town and that's where we bought it. They've always been good in the past. One dealer about 10 mi away (DGY in Downers Grove, IL) couldn't give us a date to work on it. Another one about 25 mi away (Wildside, Elgin, IL) closed, so we went to Nielsons- Lake Villa about 50+ miles. It's been an awful morning!

Thanks for the help

Beth

Thank's for the info. Motorvation is on the contact list. We gave the dealer the go a head to fix it. It's no good to us the way it is. They are really the only game in town and that's where we bought it. They've always been good in the past. One dealer about 10 mi away (DGY in Downers Grove, IL) couldn't give us a date to work on it. Another one about 25 mi away (Wildside, Elgin, IL) closed, so we went to Nielsons- Lake Villa about 50+ miles. It's been an awful morning!

Thanks for the help

Beth

I suspect this Dealer is trying to pull a fast one......and IF in fact the frame is flexing as he claims what is to prevent this problem from happening again in short order after repairs are made? Mebbe Motorvation has the answer to that question but I'd bet good money they will NOT back the Yammi Dealer on this assumption!

Boomer......who knows darn well some Yammi Dealers smell just like roadkill.

Hey Beth, I can get your bike @ Chicago Cycle dealership for 2nd oppinion. I think your dealer is trying to get some money out of your pocket.

Good luck

Lina and Dan- Thanks for the offer. I sent you a PM regarding this.

Beth

I wanted to let you all know that we got the bike apart this weekend and of course the problem had nothing to do with the sidecar. A weld on the fan housing failed and was rubbing on the radiator. Fortunately we can repair that and the radiator for less then $100.00. The dealer should have fixed it under warranty but of course had an easy out since they knew about the sidecar. But it was pretty obvious that the frame hasn't been "flexing" and the bracket on the fan wasn't "bent", as the dealer had indicated. We're going to send a letter to the dealer and Yamaha. I realize that probably is futile but we'll at least feel like we did something!

Thank you for all you suggestions and support.

Beth