I was going thru some of the gallery and saw that some of the 1st Gens have floor boards instead of pegs for the driver, was this an option that could be specail ordered with ROYAL pkg? Does any one have any or where can I look for some, also is there a rocker shifter {heel toe} that goes with this?

Floorboards are an aftermarket accessory for 1st Gens, not a dealer option. Don't think the aftermarket vendors are making them anymore. A set for the driver sold for $335 on eBay just now. Passenger floorboards don't seem to surface too often.

Read a post here about someone modifying a Harley floorboard accessory to fit a 1st Gen. Maybe they'll read this and post a how to?

One way is to find a parts bike with the accessories you want and buy it. But that could take a while. Post a WTB on the classifieds and see what offers you get.

Yeah, they come up on eBay fairly regularly too. One note - my experience was that at 5'10" (although long legs) the position that the floorboards for the 83-85's put me in was awkward relative to the controls. The pegs allow me to angle my feet and have more room to adjust controls to fit comfortably. Might be worth trying to hook up with someone who has them if you're this height or more. I think the 86-93 boards were better though. Local meet & eats are worth a visit for just such occasions not to mention great folks!

Just found a set on ebay for an 83. Check #230162279790. Not sure if every thing is there for the heel-toe though. I agree with previous post, I'm 6'3 and the pegs allow me to angle my foot. wish I could move the peg more forward, or lengthen the frame to stretch out a bit.:080402gudl_prv:

Dan

Guest Popeye

I use the OEM pegs. I tried someone's '89 VR with floorboards & learned real quick I'd never get comfortable with them.

The heel/toe shifter was good for downshifting, but not worth sacrificing my pegs.

I am 6'1", 230lbs & this is just my 'personal comfort' preference.

Pegs, with Highway pegs, offer many more positions/angles for leg-ankle-foot-hip relief.

Then there is that WONDERFUL backrest to lean back into & take the load away.

• 3 years later...
Yeah, they come up on eBay fairly regularly too. One note - my experience was that at 5'10" (although long legs) the position that the floorboards for the 83-85's put me in was awkward relative to the controls. The pegs allow me to angle my feet and have more room to adjust controls to fit comfortably. Might be worth trying to hook up with someone who has them if you're this height or more. I think the 86-93 boards were better though. Local meet & eats are worth a visit for just such occasions not to mention great folks!
Do you know will a 84 floorboard fit on a 87 bike or are they different bolt patterns