IGNORED

Looking for help for Vogel IV...........

DragonRider

Ok, I think I might need a little help here, with the economy the way it is, I think attendance will be down from previous years, which wont surprise me. But also I think auction items and door prizes will not be as plentiful as they were at previous Vogel's.

I am hoping some of our members might be able to help me out in this departmemt, if you know a local vendor that might be willing to donate something for the raffles or the door prizes, or maybe your company could donate something, it doesnt have to be motorcycle related, any small item will do, everyone loves to go away with something regardless of value or size. Many members here have been very helpful in this department for past Vogels and it is much appreciated. If you dont want to approach them, just send me a pm with the name of the company and email address, I will be glad to email them and make the request.

Thanks in advance, this group is the greatest group of family on the web.

Lew, I want to again express to you and your wife that you have always done a fantastic job on putting Vogal together. You have gone to great lengths to put together a very organized program.

Now, I would like to make a suggestion for you to consider. Last year when we put Asheville together, it was more like an extended meet and eat. There were several rides that were put together and the most formal one was going to Biltmore Estate. Other than that, it was not extensively planned. It was more like "Hey, who wants to go to Chimney Rock" or someplace else. We did have the meet that Rooster put together to eat, but other than that, the get togethers were mostly just winging it. We did have some hot dog meals and pancake breakfasts, but there was not a lot planning. My suggestion is maybe having a less formal get together. All the gifts and everything you did was great, but it can be great without it too.

At the moment Laura and I are not sure if we are going to make it to Vogal, and I have been to all three and had a great time. We will just have to see as it gets closer.

One thing I would suggest you or someone else do is have everyone coming provide information for emergencies or what ever and fax it to a central person and they can make copies for everyone attending. We did not have any crashes at Asheville last year, but there were several times the sheet got pulled out and people were contacted, such as needing help with a bike breakdown or whatever. I will be having cataract surgery a week or so before Asheville and may need to cage it to there.

RandyA

I have been leaning that way, but I am going to try to get this thing going as best I can. I really like to make it better every year, but that gets tougher with each passing event. Next year, I may do just as you suggest, that would be much easier on me especially.

Hope your surgery goes well, Charlene and I will keep you in our prayers for a successful surgery, my dad had both eyes done in his 70's and saw better after than he had for years.......

Lew, I want to again express to you and your wife that you have always done a fantastic job on putting Vogal together. You have gone to great lengths to put together a very organized program.

Now, I would like to make a suggestion for you to consider. Last year when we put Asheville together, it was more like an extended meet and eat. There were several rides that were put together and the most formal one was going to Biltmore Estate. Other than that, it was not extensively planned. It was more like "Hey, who wants to go to Chimney Rock" or someplace else. We did have the meet that Rooster put together to eat, but other than that, the get togethers were mostly just winging it. We did have some hot dog meals and pancake breakfasts, but there was not a lot planning. My suggestion is maybe having a less formal get together. All the gifts and everything you did was great, but it can be great without it too.

At the moment Laura and I are not sure if we are going to make it to Vogal, and I have been to all three and had a great time. We will just have to see as it gets closer.

One thing I would suggest you or someone else do is have everyone coming provide information for emergencies or what ever and fax it to a central person and they can make copies for everyone attending. We did not have any crashes at Asheville last year, but there were several times the sheet got pulled out and people were contacted, such as needing help with a bike breakdown or whatever. I will be having cataract surgery a week or so before Asheville and may need to cage it to there.

RandyA

I would like to make a suggestion Lewis if I may with out offending anyone who may be thinking of attending this Vogel rally.

How about if everyone who signs up, brings something with them to donate.

Just one item, and it does not have to cost over $5.00 or $10.00 (a set amount)

Something like a Dirty Santa Christmas gathering. :confused24: it sure would make it fun..:whistling:

Hi Lewis

I will not be able to attend this year as we will be in Fl. Babysitting our Granddaughter that week.

However I will donate one of my Grills again. Being I have been painting them in more matching colors I will offer the winner the color of his or her choice of the colors I paint.

I will be back on Sunday the last day of the rallie so if you have the winner contact me with the color and their address I will paint it that week and get it in the mail to them.

Have a good one all and ride safe

Steve

Thanks Steve, that was a much sought after item last Vogel. Appreicate the donation.......

Great idea Eck, sorta like the t shirt swap that Muffinman did at the last Vogel...........

You guys come up with some great ideas........what a group.

Hi Lewis

I will not be able to attend this year as we will be in Fl. Babysitting our Granddaughter that week.

However I will donate one of my Grills again. Being I have been painting them in more matching colors I will offer the winner the color of his or her choice of the colors I paint.

I will be back on Sunday the last day of the rallie so if you have the winner contact me with the color and their address I will paint it that week and get it in the mail to them.

Have a good one all and ride safe

Steve

Thanks Craig, really appreicate it.

Hope your daughter is doing well.........keeping her in our prayers...

Lewis & Charlene

Lew,

I will get you some stuff. It will be automobile related,but some could also be m/c type related as well. I'll get with you later.

Craig