IGNORED

need help

jlh3rd

07 venture...6900 miles. purchased new.........i'm getting no spark at the left rear cylinder...plug checks good....other three are firing.........new battery........i really can't make heads or tails of the wiring diagram......is there

any fuse anywhere that would affect just one plug?

07 venture...6900 miles. purchased new.........i'm getting no spark at the left rear cylinder...plug checks good....other three are firing.........new battery........i really can't make heads or tails of the wiring diagram......is there

any fuse anywhere that would affect just one plug?

Dealer time....

hey...that's not what i wanted to hear........now that i added gauges and a buckeye stator....let's see what kind of warranty arguments they can come up with.......actually, the service manager has been good so far....he just gave me a new battery....but, he ain't santa clause...

hey...that's not what i wanted to hear........now that i added gauges and a buckeye stator....let's see what kind of warranty arguments they can come up with.......actually, the service manager has been good so far....he just gave me a new battery....but, he ain't santa clause...

Hey, since when is the 5 year warantee limited to one time use?? I don't see where a stator, or guages, have anything to do with the scoot dropping a cylinder.

Unlike other forum members who have responded, I don't know squat about your specific bike and I am not a mechanic who can give you good technical advice. However, the suggestion that it might be a coil reminds me of my own experience many (many) years ago, when I was touring on a KZ650. I would feel an ocasional miss when on the road. I tried everything I could think of to find the problem as it was an annoyance, although it did not prevent me from riding. Because it only missed occasionally, it was harder (even for a mechanic) to find the problem. Finally, one night when I had the bike on its stand and running (I don't remenber for what reason), I was looking underneath and noticed an arc from the coil to the frame. This intermittent arcing caused a miss on two cylinders. The arc came from the side of the coil and when I inspected the coil, you could not see any visible wekness, but it was there, and a new coil fixed the problem.