IGNORED

Cant find it

maxantinlive.com

I found this from Gearhead, but no pics...

"So I did the brush-plate-ground-wire mod. It's pretty much how I envisioned it, as I described above. Here are a few specifics. There is plenty of room in the end cap. Both brushes fit in one "hemisphere" (misused, but the best I can think of), so the other is just free space between the commutator and the cap. My ground wire is around 2" long, 12 ga, ring terminals soldered each end. One end is under the existing screw that secures the ground brush lead (the brush that is not isolated from the plate). The wire then goes maybe 120 degrees around thru the empty space to a screw I put in the end cap. I drilled and tapped for 6-32 and installed with Loctite a 1/2" long screw from the outside. The ring terminal goes on the protruding end inside, with a lock washer and nut, also with Loctite. I made the wire go as far around the circumference as possible to allow some extra wire length while installing the wire in the cap and the cap onto the starter.

I did notice that the 3 bent ground tabs weren't bent up very far for firm contact, and the mating surfaces were pitted. I cleaned them up and bent them more for better grounding that way as well. This is the most promising opportunity for improvement I've seen so far, thanks Squeeze! I'm also resoldering the ends of the batt cables and supplementing my ground wires."