IGNORED

How Hard to Install

How hard would it be to install this AMP in the fariing to give the speakers just a little more volume? I'm not sure I understand what would be hooked up to it. Any insight would be helpful, picutures would be better.

Thanks,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320145497919&rd=1

Take a look here. I have replaced my cassette with a small amp/equalizer and am generally pleased with it. Still not 100% happy with the speakers though and probably never will be. 4" speakers just don't do it for me. I'm presently using Pioneer speakers. In this topic area, there are a couple of install procedures for an amp though.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Take a look here. I have replaced my cassette with a small amp/equalizer and am generally pleased with it. Still not 100% happy with the speakers though and probably never will be. 4" speakers just don't do it for me. I'm presently using Pioneer speakers. In this topic area, there are a couple of install procedures for an amp though.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Thanks Don. I am basically trying to get just a little more volume for my MP3 through the speakers. Will an amp help that?

Yes, it will help. I can tell a significant difference in volume with the amp on as compared with it off.

Is there anthing that could be put inline with the AUX cable that would do basically the same thing? Also, could you just do the front speakers and leave the back alone. I find I put the Fade to the front and leave the backs down, as the wife doesn't like them on.

Thanks,

It is very easy to go ahead and hook up the back speakers also if you get a 4 channel amp like I did. To be honest though, I think it's a waste of time. The truth is, probably 95% of the sound that you hear is from the front speakers. On the RSV, the rear speakers are wired to one channel anyway so you are not getting stereo from them. You have to run another pair of wires if you want to do it properly. After thinking about it, I decided to heck with it and just hooked the front speakers to the amp.

I don't know if there are any small inline amps for MP3 players or not, haven't really looked. Sorry.

Is there anthing that could be put inline with the AUX cable that would do basically the same thing? Also, could you just do the front speakers and leave the back alone. I find I put the Fade to the front and leave the backs down, as the wife doesn't like them on.

Thanks,

You could try a Boostaroo portable amplifier & audio splitter. It uses two AA batteries and plugs directly into the MP3 player's 3.5mm audio jack. The Boostaroo then has 3 outputs that you could plug headsets or a patch cable to the built-in AUX jack on the bike. I use one of these on my MP3 player in-line with speakers in my helmet and my passenger's helmet when riding my Volusia (no stereo on that cruiser) and have had good results. The best thing is the cost: $29.95 at Target. You might save a few bucks buying on-line, but don't forget to factor in shipping costs and, of course, the wait.

You could try a Boostaroo portable amplifier & audio splitter. It uses two AA batteries and plugs directly into the MP3 player's 3.5mm audio jack. The Boostaroo then has 3 outputs that you could plug headsets or a patch cable to the built-in AUX jack on the bike. I use one of these on my MP3 player in-line with speakers in my helmet and my passenger's helmet when riding my Volusia (no stereo on that cruiser) and have had good results. The best thing is the cost: $29.95 at Target. You might save a few bucks buying on-line, but don't forget to factor in shipping costs and, of course, the wait.

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I will pick one up this week.

Thanks Don. I am basically trying to get just a little more volume for my MP3 through the speakers. Will an amp help that?
Does your player have a built in equalizer and if so have you tried turning all the frequencies up? I had the same problem with an iAUDIO player. I adjusted all the equalizer ranges to 100% and now the volume matches everything else.