IGNORED

vmax upgrade for 99 venture

has anyone used any vmax parts to upgrade there performance of the venture engine? Looking for info on how too. cam,heads ?

There is after market cams & OEM as for the Vmax heads I'm told they have a different angle on the exhaust and the heads on the venture the exhaust is made to work with the Venture frame, Bub's makes the Pipes you will want and carburetors someone here may be more help with re-jetting or a good starting point and you may have to get rid of the air box and go with pod filters to get more air into it and a new spark control to up the RPM limit

Heads won't fit, but they wouldn't gain you anything anyway. Stock VMX cams and valve springs are a drop in swap. Not difficult, just fiddly. The VMX rear gear is a good swap. It doesn't do anything for the engine itself, but does let the engine run a little faster and operate a little closer to its powerband.

Last summer I was trying to get the VMX ignition module to work in my bike. It has much, much better spark advance curves and a higher rpm limiter. I wasn't successful with it last year though, and I haven't worked on it in a while.

What this engine really needs is carbs bigger than these little 32mm ones. But nothing is an easy fit there at all. There's just not enough room inside the frame.