IGNORED

One more Question

I know this subject has been beaten to death, I am no electrical wizard and I've read the fix for the ignition switch, what I'm not sure of, the 2 red 10g wires going to the toggle switch, is one connected to the Brown/Blue and one to the red, or is the Br/Bl and red joined together and then the two 10g wires attached to that.

My ignition would come on when the key is between the Acc and On, but when it went to the On position the dash cut out but radio still worked. I was trying to loosen those screws that hold the switch with a hammer and punch...I was a millright we were good with a hammer...and now the switch is working again, I've tried wiggling the key and off and on and its still working. So was it a contact problem and would putting in this "Emergency switch" solve the problem should it occur again.

So my dilemma is do, I leave it or wire in this toggle switch.

Advice Please.

Ian

In my case the entire switch was replaced AND we wired in the emergency toggle switch as well.

If I were you I'd go for a new switch.....can't put a price on "peace of mind" IMHO as these ignition switches are notorious for failing at the very worst time.

Boomer....who rides with a new switch and saddlebags fulla snacks.

Thaks for the reply Boomer, when you wired in the toggle was it one 10 guage wire on the Red wire and one on the Brown/Blue.

Ian

If my memory serves me right that is the way we did it. Make sure you use a heavy duty toggle switch as well....I think mine is rated for 50amps.

Boomer........who offers no warranty for anyone following his directions....unless she is scantily clad.

Yeah, wire one to each. The red wire will go to the SUPPLY position on the aftermarket switch and the other goes to the LOAD. I use a 30A. I think that it is just fine.

I used a 15A (all I had at the time) and I had no issues for a couple of weeks.

Yeah, wire one to each. The red wire will go to the SUPPLY position on the aftermarket switch and the other goes to the LOAD. I use a 30A. I think that it is just fine.

I used a 15A (all I had at the time) and I had no issues for a couple of weeks.

Thanks Ken.

Ian