IGNORED

Please read >>> AGAIN <<<

Black Owl

WOW... over 2100 hits and 74 postings. If I had thought the comment was going to generate that much heat, I would have flagged it and been following it along.

Funny thing here is that not one of the responses Pro/Con came from the member who's thread was dumped... I don't know. Maybe they they felt it was no big deal... Or maybe, like me, they never even went back to it. Or, perish the thought, they accepted the explanation of why it was dumped and moved on.

A lot of times, a thread will get pulled, not because of the original content, but because of a follow up posting. Do we owe every one who made a posting in the thread an explaination as to why the thread was pulled? I think not.

In this instance, the thread in question was really pushing the edge. While it hadn't yet crossed the line, I made a decision to pull it, and in doing so, pulling the edge back a bit.

I also left that morning on a road trip. And, unlike Don who has set it up to receive/review each and every posting, I elected to only be notified of new threads. So, in three days, this thread was really buried. And, if Squidly had not revived it, I would never have seen how much traffic it generated. I really didn't think it called for any responses.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... over 2100 hits and 74 postings. If I had thought the comment was going to generate that much heat, I would have flagged it and been following it along.

Funny thing here is that not one of the responses Pro/Con came from the member who's thread was dumped... I don't know. Maybe they they felt it was no big deal... Or maybe, like me, they never even went back to it. Or, perish the thought, they accepted the explanation of why it was dumped and moved on.

A lot of times, a thread will get pulled, not because of the original content, but because of a follow up posting. Do we owe every one who made a posting in the thread an explaination as to why the thread was pulled? I think not.

In this instance, the thread in question was really pushing the edge. While it hadn't yet crossed the line, I made a decision to pull it, and in doing so, pulling the edge back a bit.

I also left that morning on a road trip. And, unlike Don who has set it up to receive/review each and every posting, I elected to only be notified of new threads. So, in three days, this thread was really buried. And, if Squidly had not revived it, I would never have seen how much traffic it generated. I really didn't think it called for any responses.

we had nothing better to do.

Guest tx2sturgis

I dont mind too much having a posting or thread deleted...but dont you DARE take my beer before I'm done with it!!

We have to keep our priorities straight!

:crackup: