IGNORED

Smaller side stand after lowering

Hello everyone, I am new here. My name is Amy, and I own a 2007 RSTD, and my hubby (Jerry) owns a 2008 RSTD. I am only 5'1" and hubby is 6'7". I need to lower my bike.

I have already lowered my rear end, and am going to be lowering my front. I need to know if there is any new side stands I can order or if I need to have mine modified. Also if I need to modify how much should be taken off?

I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

Amy

Hi Amy, Welcome to the family, I cant answer your question but if you look at the bottom of this page there is a box marked similar threads, click on that top thread and read down thru, there mite be some help there. If not repost this thread or bump it up to the top. There are so many members threads get lost quickly, hang in there someone will help you. Craig

You might look for a kickstand from a '96 - '01 Royal Star. They are 2 1/4" shorter and bolt right on. That might be just about right. This is a big bike for someone your size. I'm impressed. I'm 6'1" myself. I raised the back of my bike.

Amy, I had the same issue. A good welder can cut a 1-1/4" section out at the foot. He can use stainless welding material and it will be a lot cheaper. The chrome will discolor a bit but does not look bad. I buffed it out and sprayed it with a clear topcoat.