IGNORED

Would my Venture pull it though

SapperMedic

I found this little homemade trailer on E-bay, but don't want to bid on it if it is too heavy to pull. It was designed to be pulled by a goldwing 1500, so I feel fairly safe. Item #

[ATTACH]28010[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28011[/ATTACH]

My ex wife used to stuff a lot of stuff in the aspen classic camper trailer we had. We stopped at the feed mill on the way to the Freedom Rally in Iowa. Gross weight bike, trailer, two people and all the gear....

2,150 lbs

Used 4th gear to top a lot of hills in southwest WI, but it handled fine. Just leave a lot of room to stop!

Later, Scooter Bob

Shouldnt be a problem as the guys says its only around 200 lbs. After loading it up you will likely see 300lbs or so. Still not a problem. Just remember you cant or wont stop as fast as you are used to.

My camper is around 400lbs and it pulls like a dream...bunkhouse.

Guest tx2sturgis

Other than clutch, tire, and driveline wear, ( and gas mileage!) pulling it is not really the problem...its the stops, turns, and backing that will all be affected with a heavy trailer.

When you take a medium arc type of sweeper, especially your first few times, be very aware of the fact that the trailer will be trying to push you to the outside of the curve. This effect is amplified if you are on a downhill grade or if the arc of the curve has a decreasing radius.

Its better to slow down before you reach the entrance to the curve, and then apply light throttle, smoothly thru the curve, if possible.

And yes, running up long mountain grades will sure work the motor! Dont be afraid to downshift.

if this thing only weighs 200 lbs go for it. Rule of thumb is weight of bike plus passengers divided in half is what I was told. I've seen pics of peaple pulling another venture with their vneture on this site./ Just be carfull as previously ststed to leave extra room.

david