IGNORED

ATTN All North Carolina Members

ToRide1

I know the rules on Politics but this relates to Motorcycles!!

The General Assembly of North Carolina has a bill in the works and it looks like it made to the first reading!!! [House Bill 920, Motorcycles-No Passengers Under Age 16] I don't live in North Carolina, but I have been transporting My son (now age 12) for the last 4 years on the back of our 650 V-Star & as of last year the Royal Star Venture to get him to karate class and to school events and anything else. As soon as he could reach the foot pegs he started riding with me. I like to know just what they plan on doing when someone from out state comes into North Carolina with their kid on the back of a motorcycle? Are they going to make them detour all the way around the state and what if my destination is inside the state? I have the Constitutional Right to Travel and what is legal for me to do in my home state go's with me as I go over state lines.

Edited by ToRide1

I have the Constitutional Right to Travel and what is legal for me to do in my home state go's with me as I go over state lines.

Well my friend, I would highly reccomend that you think twice about what you are saying, no matter how mad you may get about it.

What I mean is lets use the law of NOT having to wear a helmet..

if you live in a state where it is not a law that you do not have to wear one does not mean you have a consitutional right to ride in a state with out it if thier state law requires that you DO have to wear it..same as carring a gun..

I myself, in my opinion, believe it is everyones responsibility to know and understand the state laws that they are going to be entering prior to crossing the state line..

It is MY responsibility to read up and understand the those applicable state laws, wether I agree with them or not,BEOFRE I enter that state.

For me to just say: Well I did not know...does NOT excuse me from that applicable law that I was to abide by in that state.

So if I were you I would be careful with that theroy of thought. :thumbsup2:

I have the Constitutional Right to Travel and what is legal for me to do in my home state go's with me as I go over state lines.

I think you will find there are a lot of things that are legal in one state and not in another. An example is helmet laws. If you are in KY and go into VA, or from SC to NC without a helmet, you better stop and put one on.

RandyA

While I don't agree with the proposed law, you may want to rethink the part about what is legal in your home state...

Some examples of laws that differ between neighboring states and will get you in trouble are helmet and gun laws. Not saying this to start a debate, just to point out that a rider from a state that does not require a helmet will get a ticket in Georgia if they come here without one.

In the past i had the state of Maryland & virginia give me a ticket for not wareing a seat belt the the state of West Virginia did not require it or have that law and I beat it with that and did it without a lawyer! No judge in their right mind will dare challenge that constitutional right to travel and if they do they will be severely reprimand and undo it or be removed from the bench. But as one supprme Court Judge put it! If you don't know what your rights are, you don't have any.

Eck, you beat me. Oh, BTW Eck, Kingsport announced yesterday they made $219,000 from red light cameras in 2008. I just wanted you to know they appreciated your contribution.

RandyA

Yea that figures Randya...Oh and just so you know, I am also a big contributer to the new stimulis package too this year..in fact I am contributing just a little over 6k to the stimulis package...but hey, the state of Alabama must have felt sorry for me and are giving me close to $100.00 back... not bad for a years worth of work..:rotf: