IGNORED

Jet Kit-Not in Parts Book?

Red Ryder

Hey All, when I bought the 03 RSV it had the K & N Air Filters. I added a set of Emego 29" Fish Tail Straight Thru Pipes (non-baffled) from JC Whitney, and some 8" Baffles. Yes, it is loud, but I Like It. My problem is the bike runs Rich at Idle, and Lean going down the road. I went to several dealers and a few after market places and appently in all there parts books there is No Jet Kits available for the RSV. I used my Carbtune and sync it right on, but the problems still persist. Does anyone know how to get a jet kit or to solve this issue? Your help would be most appreciated. Thanks-

forget buying the jets. drill out your own. pm me, i will give you the details. they definately need jet work. you are thinking backwards. the pilot circuit or primary jets are to lean due to pollution laws, they need to be inlarged. the mains are just right unless you have a dyna 3000 with the increased rev limit. in fact they are on the rich side. with a little jet work and a dyna 3000 you won't believe the difference. like adding another cylinder. if yours is rich at idle your air screw is way out of adjustment. i know of what i speak. been working with motorcycle carbs for years. don't raise the needles. they are fine where they are. bill