IGNORED

Bungee cord safety

Venturous Randy

I want to remind everyone of the dangers of using bungee cords. My supervisor at work had a bungee cord come loose as he was trying to secure something and it popped him in the center of his left eye. At this point he will have to have a new lense put in to get any use out of that eye.

I have also almost have this happen and it could have gotten me, but I was lucky. Year before last, Laura were coming to the campground at Vogal and she wanted some firewood to have a campfire(it did not matter that it was 80º outsire). We stopped at a little store and I bought a bundle of firewood and realized I had not pasked my good bungee cords. I went back into the store and bought some of theirs and as I was stapping the bundle of firewood on the trunk grill, one uncurled on the hook and came loose, just barely missing my face. So, I know how quickly this can happen.

If you are going to use bungee cords, and they can be real handy, just make sure that if it did come loose when you are pulling on it that you are not in the line of fire. These things can pack a lot of punch.

RandyA

As an instructor for the safety crse, one of the things I used to pass on to students was a little piece of advice I got from a shop owner.

Bungee or stretch chords work wonders but spend just a little extra and get the bungee net, the stretch "load" is spread out.....so if one hook lets loose it won't go far and the other hooks will take up the slack.

Of crse it's time for a new one after that.

:thumbsup:

Ed

As an instructor for the safety crse, one of the things I used to pass on to students was a little piece of advice I got from a shop owner.

Bungee or stretch chords work wonders but spend just a little extra and get the bungee net, the stretch "load" is spread out.....so if one hook lets loose it won't go far and the other hooks will take up the slack.

Of crse it's time for a new one after that.

:thumbsup:

Ed

I got one that is purple, that matches my bike!!! :thumbsup2:

RandyA