I did the AIS plug a few days ago after installing some LA Chopper slip on's and getting a lot of popping. I was amazed at how the problem just disappeared. No more popping. I would start by plugging with some rubber stoppers because you can always go back if you like. Only takes about 30-45 minutes - the front hose is a little difficult to get to.

Good Luck.

MY RSTD HAS BUB MUFFLERS. I REMOVED THE TIPS AND CUT SOME 3 INCH DISKS OUT OF 16 GUAGE STEEL DRILLED SEVERAL HOLES IN EACH ONE,THEN I CONNECTED THE CARBS WITH BRASS T'S AND THE AIS.LASTLY I PLUGGED THE MAIN LINES UNDERNEATH WITH RUBBER PLUGS.

I NOTICED AN INCREASE IN LOWER END PROFORMANCE,THE POPING IS GONE AND NO MORE BACKFIRING.LAST WEEK I RODE 500 MILES AND NEVER ONCE GOT ANY BACKFIRING.I WAS ON THE HIGHWAY AT 85 MPH AND ON BACK RODES AT 45 MPH

I'VE ADDED SIRIUS RADIO IN A TANKBAG FOR MY LONG RIDES AND REALLY AM ENJOYING THIS BIKE.

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP CONTACT ME AT frank6087@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

I got it plugged, but haven't taken it out yet. I purchased the tapered rubber plugs at Home Depot. I bought 3/4" & 13/16" just to save a trip. I used the 13/16" and 7/8" might be even better. The 3/4" were too small. The plugs are about $1.00 each.

I am going to synch the carbs today.

I took the bike for a couple of hot laps to warm it up before I synched the carbs and plugging the AIS took care of the backfiring. I am thinking the carbs being out of synch were part of the backfiring because the bike had been back to the dealership because of the floats sticking causing serious gas leaks, when I checked the carbs, they were way off and the bike has been backfiring much worse since the carbs were worked on. However, it has always backfired on deaccleration and now has no backfire.

Hope this helps.

Anyone in the Borger area wasnts to snych their carbs, let me know and we will set something up.