IGNORED

AGM Batteries

sgn

We all know the Odyssey but what about these?

http://www.bigcrank.com/

Code: BIG-ETX18L

Price:$74.95

Premium quality absorbed glass mat technology (AGM) is ideal for ATVs, motorcycles, personal watercraft & snowmobiles. The Big Crank Power Sports AGM Battery was designed for more than performance; it was designed for the enthusiast. Completely spillproof and leakproof; frequent replacement and high maintenance are over! The AGM technology increases power while improving rider and environmental safety. The key to this technology is the highly porous microfiber separators, which completely absorb and trap the electrolyte. Molded top and side connection terminals provide versatility, increased strength and durability. The Big Crank Power Sports AGM Battery provides the most advanced power and value in the industry.

Specs:

• Length: 8 1/8in.
  • Width: 3 9/16in.
  • Height: 6 3/8in.
  • 12 Volt
  • 20 Ah @ 10hr rate
  • 300 CCA
  • Replaces: YIX50L-BS, Y50-N18L-A-CX, Y50-N18L-A-LM, Y-50-N18L-A, Y50-N18L-A3, SY50-N18L-AT
  • ETX18L equivalent

Features:

• Sealed, Maintenance-Free
  • Leakproof/Spillproof
  • Ships fully charged ready to install
  • Environmentally friendly, 100% recyclable
  • Vibration Resistant Design
  • Fully Charged out of the box
  • 1 Year Warranty
  • Made in the USA

Thanks for posting this. It looks like it'll be a better fit than the PC680 Odyssey, and the amp rate is listed at 300cca vs. 220 on the PC680. Plus the price is a heck of a lot better.... Gonna have to order one and check it out. :mo money:

OK I just ordered one of the BIG-ETX18L. Shipping came out at $19.95 UPS Ground. 'Bout $95 bucks total. What intrigues me the most is footprint being close to an OEM, which makes it a bit larger than the Odyssey, and is probably where they get the extra amps. I'll give it a test and see how it performs. If it looks good I'll approach them about a group buy... I didn't look, but they may have one for the 2ndGens too..??

Edited by Condor

http://www.bigcrank.com/graphics/00000001/125/BIG-ETX20L.jpg Big Crank ETX20L Battery

Code:BIG-ETX20L

Price: $72.95

Quantity

Condor,

They are in West Virginia and have a link on their site about quantity sales:

BigCrank.com

2159-A Winchester Ave.

Martinsburg, WV 25401-5023 Tel: 540-665-0065

Fax: 540-665-9623

Toll-Free: 800-405-2121

Sales:

Order Status: Webmaster:

sales@BigCrank.com service@BigCrank.com support@BigCrank.com

BigCrank.com Hours:

Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm (EST)

If you think I can help put the group deal together after your testing let me know

Steve Neal

I called the number shown on their website and talked to a gentlman name Stan.

He said they had worked group sales and that the order would need to be all of the same type and all would ship to the same address ONLY.

He did mention that the quantity would need to be no less than fifty and they would ship by truck - a loading dock would need to be avaiable for unloading.

So if we try to put this together that is the big details.

No mention of the price or shipping in our talk.

He ask that we respond to him via email at : stan@batterymart.com

So after you have a chance to test yours we can make a decision if we want to go ahead.

Steve

Excuse me for chiming in to ask what is probably a dumb question.

Where's the sensor on this battery....the one that I am presuming (based on my xj) plugs into the bikes computer sensors???

I am "ass u me" ing that if their isn't one that the Venture only uses the voltmeter to indicate charging voltage rather than battery fluid level.

Don't be too rough with the answer, I like to learn something every day and this would be it so I can relax for a while.

:innocent-emoticon:

look here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=489

Easy to do and cheap way to kill the "blinking red light"

Excuse me for chiming in to ask what is probably a dumb question.

Where's the sensor on this battery....the one that I am presuming (based on my xj) plugs into the bikes computer sensors???

I am "ass u me" ing that if their isn't one that the Venture only uses the voltmeter to indicate charging voltage rather than battery fluid level.

Don't be too rough with the answer, I like to learn something every day and this would be it so I can relax for a while.

:innocent-emoticon:

look here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=489

Easy to do and cheap way to kill the "blinking red light"

Every time I look at that tech post it seems to get more screwed up. Try this one.

http://cast-aways.com/yamahabatt.htm

Steve- 50 is a lot of batteries. $5,000, and 900#'s worth. The shipping, even by truck, will kill you. The last time I did a Group buy with Odyssey we came up with about 25 orders, and that was a combination of the PC680 and the PC545. I was thinking about Big extending a Venture Rider Discount to the individual members, and that way no one would have to mess with a thing. But first things first. Let me take a look at the thing and check it out. If nothing else the battery looks like, even at their regular retail, it might be a pretty good deal...

http://www.bigcrank.com/graphics/00000001/125/BIG-ETX20L.jpg Big Crank ETX20L Battery

Code:BIG-ETX20L

Price: $72.95

Quantity

Condor,

They are in West Virginia and have a link on their site about quantity sales:

BigCrank.com

2159-A Winchester Ave.

Martinsburg, WV 25401-5023 Tel: 540-665-0065

Fax: 540-665-9623

Toll-Free: 800-405-2121

Sales:

Order Status: Webmaster:

sales@BigCrank.com service@BigCrank.com support@BigCrank.com

BigCrank.com Hours:

Monday-Friday 8:00am-6:00pm (EST)

If you think I can help put the group deal together after your testing let me know

Steve Neal

The address is West Virginia but! The Phone number is a Virginia and I know I live just 15 miles from martinsburg and about 20 miles from Winchester Virginia and thats a Viginia Area Code. All Of West Virginia is Area Code (304)

OK I went and double checked and the company use to go by the name of Battery Mart and it was a chain of stores in the reign and yes its in Martinsburg WV on the south side of city limits and located in a strip mall. I got a battery from them last year for my Yamaha 650 V-Star and believe it or not it was the only place I could find that had a battery in stock.

OK I went and double checked and the company use to go by the name of Battery Mart and it was a chain of stores in the reign and yes its in Martinsburg WV on the south side of city limits and located in a strip mall. I got a battery from them last year for my Yamaha 650 V-Star and believe it or not it was the only place I could find that had a battery in stock.

The price is going to really nice for those on the east coast...or in some instances for those in their back yard... :) The $19.95 quote was for a coast2coast UPS shipment, but for those closer the shipping should be a lot less....