IGNORED

Timeout camper for 2006 Yamaha Venture?

YamaPapa

I have been considering buying a camper. I ride a 2006 RSV. I have been looking at the Timeout Campers and really like what I see. Especially the largest one that comes with the air mattress, table and chair. Since I have never pulled trailers with a bike, I was needing to know if the Timeout Camper would be too heavy or if it would be ok for my Venture. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey YamaPapa, :scorched:

I own a Time Out and have traveled from Arizona through the South up to NY and back through the North into the South and home. Also, all over Arizona, flats and mountains.

In Williamsburg, VA and the Catskill Mountains of NY I have ridden out three day rain storms with heavy winds and did not have a drop of water in the camper (buy the awning for a dry place to get in and out of the camper).

I ride a 2007 RSV and have never had a problem riding or stopping (no trailer brakes either). I love the room in the Time Out and how it is off the ground. In the heavy rain I was in some of the other campers that have parts that sit on the ground would have had a lot of water on the floor inside as the water under my camper in Williamsburg didn't allow me to exit for one day due to flooding about 4 inches of water (the reach through into the cooler sure helped me eat, and drink that day and always carry a urinal just in case).

The only drawback is the inside storage...you have to unload it to set it up. That is no big deal for me as I would never set up in the heavy rain I go to a motel. I would also never pack it while it is wet. I just wait for a dry day. I don't like being on the road in heavy weather and I can wait out the storms. That being said there is more room to live in this camper because of the design. I would never trade the storage room for the living space, especially if you get caught in a major weather system and have to spend time inside sitting in the chair with your feet up reading.

I did get caught coming out of Cumberland, Maryland in a extremly heavy rain, but put on my emergency lights (buy the rear light bar for great visibility) and rode to the top of the mountain and then as I came down in West Va on the way to Kentucky, the rain went away. My Frog Gear rain suit kept me dry and everything stored inside and outside the camper was dry when I opened it up.

By the way, if you go to the Time Out website, that is a picture of my camper on the opening page surrounded by cactus in Arizona's KOA in Mesa, AZ http://timeouttrailers.org/default.aspx

I hope that answers a bunch of your questions if you have more feel free to ask.

Good Riding and Good Luck with the camper,

John :7_6_3[1]:

I have been considering buying a camper. I ride a 2006 RSV. I have been looking at the Timeout Campers and really like what I see. Especially the largest one that comes with the air mattress, table and chair. Since I have never pulled trailers with a bike, I was needing to know if the Timeout Camper would be too heavy or if it would be ok for my Venture. Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've got a 2005 RSTD and tried to take my 08 Timeout last weekend. It was the first time I pulled it and the wife. Did I notice it? Yes, it is heavy. Not really an issue until I got caught in stop and go traffic on hills. Have to slip the clutch quite a bit to get going. And allow yourself plenty of room to stop. Not a huge deal and I have every intention of getting it back out as quickly as possible.