IGNORED

Saddle bag trim rails...any change?

I've read several posts about the saddle bag trim rails (for the RSV) not fitting "properly" (as in not well aligned with the bags/exhausts; touching rear turn signals, etc.). And I read the excellent tech post about re-aligning them by making a new mounting hole, etc. However, I was wondering if anyone has purchased any lately, and if so, do they fit any better? The reason I ask is that I've found them to be on "backorder" at several dealers lately, and I'm hoping (yeah right) this may indicate a new batch is on the way.

Smokee

read several posts about the saddle bag trim rails (for the RSV) not fitting "properly" (as in not well aligned with the bags/exhausts; touching rear turn signals, etc.). And I read the excellent tech post about re-aligning them by making a new mounting hole, etc. However, I was wondering if anyone has purchased any lately, and if so, do they fit any better? The reason I ask is that I've found them to be on "backorder" at several dealers lately, and I'm hoping (yeah right) this may indicate a new batch is on the way.

Smokee

:canada:

I have a 2007 RSV with the trim rails bought in April this year. No change in the alignment still a bit wonky.

Ya gotta wonder if the designer was not on a level chair,

or had one too many brown pops.:rotf:

Well, at least Yamaha is consistent! You'd think something on these forums would have gotten through to them by now.

Hey, here's an idea! I think I'm gonna offer myself to Yamaha as a "forum mole"...spend all day reading posts from unhappy customers and report my findings to their corporate level quality contro.....................

Oh, never mind!!!! I'm just :whistling:-in' in the wind!

Thanks for the reply!

Smokee

It doesn't bother me. Im too busy riding my bike instead of looking at it in the driveway, and if someone happens to notice that the rails appear to be about a 1/4 of an inch off when I pass em, at least they noticed me.

Guest Ken8143
I have bag rails on my 06 an I really haven't noticed any misalignment. Let's see if I can find a picture of the back of my bike. Well, I don't see any misalignment!

I have a problem with your garage. It is unnaturally clean.

Hey Ken and Rocket, thanks for compliment !! You should have seen it before the makeover by my son and daughter. I was in Ok. City back in February for 4 weeks and while I was gone my wife came up with the idea of fixing up the garage for me. After the rebuild after Katrina I only had gotten to primering the garage, and we were storing some stuff in there so it was neat, but messy, if you know what I mean. Well, I have always wanted a shop but had no room so my wife ordered the cabinets and workbench from Gladiator (Sears) and my son and daughter painted the garage, to include the floor. Since we are down to wife's car, my truck and the bike they made half for my "shop" and bike. I really like it. I don't do much mecahnicing any more....don't have the time with two jobs, so it's pretty easy to keep the place clean. My kids are really something. Wife says they worked all weekend, day and night, to get it finished. I am so blessed!!!!