IGNORED

cushmans at 09 rally.

Snarley Bill

since i'm back into the cushman scene. i was talking to a friend of mine about bringing some restored and custom cushmans to the 09 rally to put on display. may even have one people could ride. whats everyone think? they are really neat and bring back old memories. let me know cuz it will be alot of work for me and my buddy, which we don't mind. bill :2133:

i'm going to a cushman meet in greenwood ar. april 17th put on by the ar cushman club. great bunch of people. i will try to work something out with them. they have alot of members including me, and alot of beautiful stock and modified cushmans. it would be like an on site museum at the rally. i'm sure there will be some forsale also. the pres. and vice pres. of the club are friends of mine. bill :2133:

We were talking about this the other day,My wife's boss has a cushman stored in her garage for the past 40+ years,She told me that the local Harley dealer offer her $6,000 for it some time back,That sounds like alot of cash to me for it,But i have no ideal what they are worth? I have never seen it but i know her garage is well keep so im sure it would be a nice one.

1:04 min Youtube video of a Cushman "gang" taking off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMmL-N3cWM]YouTube - Cushman Scooter Gang[/ame]

I was surprised at the exhaust note rumble of the whole bunch, but some bystander sure thought that it was funny.

The one to own is one of the special built Cushmans for the Shriners. Now these were state of the art.
the shriner cushmans were mostly all eagles. some of them were all chromed including the frame. a friend of mine had one. there are still quite a few of them around. i always thought they were neat in the parades. living near st. louis and my grand father being one of the shriners there, i got to see them often. there are still thousands of cushmans out there and dennis carpenter owns a company that makes repro parts for them. you can almost build a complete duplicate of the original models with his parts. :)