IGNORED

fan motor relay

hello I am trying to find a part number for a fan motor relay on a 83 venture. I just bought this bike and it was having overheating problems and i diagnosed it and found out the relay is bad. I have checked autozone ect for a relay. does anybody have a relay part number they have tryed. the wiring diagram shows that when the notch is on top that plug 1 and 2 is for the coil and 3 and for is the switch ... can you please help i am trying to get this bike ready for a ride from wa state to texas in apr.

thank you

wolfmedic:255:

Do you need an original relay or something that will fit and work? I can research the original and see if there is an automotive counterpart. Or you can wire in a normal 5 pin 30 amp Bosch relay. Those are common. They come in most fog/driving light kits. You can even get a socket for them at the auto parts store.

JB

hello I am trying to find a part number for a fan motor relay on a 83 venture. I just bought this bike and it was having overheating problems and i diagnosed it and found out the relay is bad. I have checked autozone ect for a relay. does anybody have a relay part number they have tryed. the wiring diagram shows that when the notch is on top that plug 1 and 2 is for the coil and 3 and for is the switch ... can you please help i am trying to get this bike ready for a ride from wa state to texas in apr.

thank you

wolfmedic:255:

I'm pretty sure I have one.