I need the part that hooks to the spring on the side stand which contacts the kickstand switch on a 1st gen venture. This part has a 90deg. bend in it which makes contact with the switch. One of the previous owners must have broken it off because they were haveing trouble with the switch. I know the switch works but is sticking and needs cleaning and I would like to get this fixed. If anyone has a spare I would be glad to pay you for it.

Can't believe I only got one reply, thought surely someone had this part left over on the kickstand from all the bikes being parted out. Oh well, thanks Eck I know you would have helped if you could.

Anyway I now have another problem. I decided to just try and order it from flatoutmotorcycles and placed the order Sat. night. I was at work today and was watching my email to see if they were going to fill the order and up popped a notice from my credit card co. that there was some suspicious activity on my card. I called and sure enough someone had been charging on my card today (about six charges). They cancelled my card and are giving me credit to the ones that went thru. The last time I used the card was 12-28-09 and it made me wonder if someone at flatout got my card info today. The card co. is starting a fraud investigation anyway, hope they find the jerk.

Haven't heard anything from them, but figured they wouldn't have charged my card until the item shipped. Now I will have to make other arrangements for the part.

WOW sorry about your card troubles...I hate hearing stories like that.

Not so sure I would want to catch a person using someone elses card steeling thier identity and such.. I think I would feel I would have to take the law in to my own hands and cut off his arms and legs so he couldnt get out to do it again...

then I could throw him in the lake and rename him to........ BOB...:crackup:

Kbran-

Guess I have a case of dumbitis. Do you need the switch? I have a couple spares. I also have a 1986 parts bike. Kickstand intact so I am sure it has what you need. Could be yours if needed. Comes with genuine 1st Gen oil drips from the stator cover gasket!! Pre oiled for preservation ya know!.

JB

I need the part that hooks to the spring on the side stand which contacts the kickstand switch on a 1st gen venture. This part has a 90deg. bend in it which makes contact with the switch. One of the previous owners must have broken it off because they were haveing trouble with the switch. I know the switch works but is sticking and needs cleaning and I would like to get this fixed. If anyone has a spare I would be glad to pay you for it.

I got one right here on the coffee table, sitting here looking at it right now. If you want it PM me with shipping address.