IGNORED

Another Pic from Clay18

DragonRider

Some kind of dust storm going on, but take a close look at the pistol in his holster, arent they in a war zone..............I think one would want to carry a loaded pistol at least, at least have a magazine in the gun, but no, they have him carry a pistol without a mag in it.....got to wonder................

He is in Kuwait. All the folks heading to Iraq spend a little bit of time there getting acclimated, etc. Even in Iraq you don't have the magazine in while on a FOB, but you must have a least one magazine on you.

Nope they have plenty of ammo, and since Clay is a SAW gunner and carries a pistol he will be able to tell you in great detail how heavy that stuff is. They may have changed a bit, but when we went out it was 210 rounds of 5.56 and 75 rounds of 9 on your person.

After being over traveling on aircraft here feels strange. There they check to make sure you have a weapon and ammo before boarding, here they go ape**** over a bottle of water.

He is in Kuwait. All the folks heading to Iraq spend a little bit of time there getting acclimated, etc. Even in Iraq you don't have the magazine in while on a FOB, but you must have a least one magazine on you.

Nope they have plenty of ammo, and since Clay is a SAW gunner and carries a pistol he will be able to tell you in great detail how heavy that stuff is. They may have changed a bit, but when we went out it was 210 rounds of 5.56 and 75 rounds of 9 on your person.

After being over traveling on aircraft here feels strange. There they check to make sure you have a weapon and ammo before boarding, here they go ape**** over a bottle of water.

they do go crazy at times they let you bring weapon but as keeping yourself clean o no. as for carryiing ammo i leave my SAW with friends its not to bad to cary but if someone will watch it ill watch there weapon any day. but ya we dont get any ammo to carry on us, we dont even get some sation near us just in case so i carry a big knife so i can hace something.up in the gunner seat i have a ball pin hammer for fixing my weapon with :cool10:

so if anyone has a spare ASP, or expandable control stick tat they could sale me for a good price let me know i should have a address soon

i just got back from iraq myself. Kuwait is considered a "safe"place so you dont carry anny ammo with you while on the Base. Yeah in kuwait it is a base not a FOB. it is Camp araf jon.

In iraq itself i couldnt leave my compound on the FOB without having at least my 9 and 1 mag. That is on the FOB itself. Outside the wire it is a full load out everytime. Good luck to all out there with you. Watch for them IED's they are really all thats left that is dangerous out there. we hit one and i will tell you it aint pretty.