I was on yamaha's web site looking at the accessaries. I see they have a set of handle bars to fit the rstd. Has anyone used them? I would like a little more pullback than the stock bars have. which would be better the flanders or the one on the yamaha site? thanks Marty

I was on yamaha's web site looking at the accessaries. I see they have a set of handle bars to fit the rstd. Has anyone used them? I would like a little more pullback than the stock bars have. which would be better the flanders or the one on the yamaha site? thanks Marty

I went with the Flanders and am pretty happy. Kept all of the stock cables as well. I did weld a nut inside to retain the stock end weights.

I changed to Flanders. I like that so far I don't have the shoulder pain I used to get with the OEM bars. I am not crazy about the position I am sitting in with the Flanders though.It may just be that I'm not used to them yet, but I feel like I'm leaning back with them. I haven't ridden on any long rides since I've had them.

Exactly which Flanders set would that be? I went to their site page for 1" metric, and there had to be a good 2-3 dozen different bars listed. Will any one of them work, so that it is just a matter of pullback preference? Or will only certain ones from that page fit the TD? I'm semi-retarded, so I need all the help I can get here, thanks. Cause I really need some pullback and rise to ease the pain in my back.

I too had a fit problem not being able to reach the bars and changed them out for flanders. I found them at parts unliminted and ordered them through my local dealer. Part # 0601-0377 I had to drill a hole for the accelerater holder and rearange the cables a little but didn't have to add or lengthen any wires. I also had to drill out the ends of the bars to 7/8 in to use the orininal end caps. On the 2007 RSTD these bars gave 1 inch more highth an 2 inches of pull back. Hope this helps. Den

I also had to drill out the ends of the bars to 7/8 in to use the orininal end caps.

Now what exactly do you mean by this Den White? I just installed the bars also and was going to do the welding trick that tsigwing used to install the stock end weights. But your choice sounds much different. Did you do any welding to attach the end weights?

Also wanted to ask tsigwing what sizes did you use exactly for your washers and nuts? Any help would be great since I want to get the ends of these handlebars capped as soon as possible. Thanks.

Hi, I took the the weight holders out of the ends of the stock bars by grinding slots in the bar along the ends and pulled them out with a slide hammer. Then to install them in the new bars I drilled with a 7/8 in drill bit in the ends or the new flanders bars about 1 inch deep and drove the holders into the end of the bars. I didn't weld them they just fit tight enough to hold the weight end in. I did that last year and no problem so far . I use them when I have the cruse control on so my hand doesn't stop the cruse from adjusting the speed. You can buy after market end caps but they just arn't the same as original. I also have a drivers back rest and I have no more back ache on long rides like berore the mods.

Now what exactly do you mean by this Den White? I just installed the bars also and was going to do the welding trick that tsigwing used to install the stock end weights. But your choice sounds much different. Did you do any welding to attach the end weights?

Also wanted to ask tsigwing what sizes did you use exactly for your washers and nuts? Any help would be great since I want to get the ends of these handlebars capped as soon as possible. Thanks.

Don't remember. Took the bolt to Loews and matched up a nut, had a washer that was just a tad too big and ground it down.